Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Heart Mom!

August 5th is National Judy Day, otherwise known as her birthday :)  Happy Birthday!  

 10 things you don't know about Judy:
-  She was born in Fresno, CA
-  She married my dad when she was 16, and my dad credits her wisdom to the fact that they bought their house on 5th Street.  
-  She makes a mean Mississippi Mud, and won't share the recipe with the family, especially Tammy Wease :)
-  She loves Goodwill, and gets some amazing deals there.
-  She would do absolutely anything for her family, she is so generous and selfless.
-  She worked at Big Burger Drive-in for 25+ years, she was 14 or 15 when she started.  Tons of people still remember her from there.  Not a day goes by when I work that I am not asked "How is your mom doin?"
-  Everyone admires Judy for her determination, strength, sense of humor, generosity, go-get 'em, say it like it is nature.
-  She is an excellent baker:  cookies, pies, dilly rolls, etc.  are made to perfection.  Her snickerdoodle recipe is legendary.
-  She won't touch the computer.
-  She nicknamed my husband "Muffy" which he has now lived with for almost 20 years.  He tried to talk her out of it, but there is no arguing with Judy!
-  She is the queen of joke presents!

Ok, that is 11, but I couldn't leave out the joke presents.  



My Mom and Dad
Anyways, Happy Birthday MOM!!  
I love you,
lacee

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome tribute to the birthday girl, Lacee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, wish your mom a belated birthday for me. Now I want that Mississippi Mud Pie recipe - BAD!

    ReplyDelete